Leaky Gut is the name given to damaged and permeable intestinal lining which allows undigested food particles, toxic waste products and bacteria to ‘leak’ through the intestinal wall into the bloodstream.
1. Chronic diarrhoea, constipation, gas or bloating
2. Nutritional deficiencies
3. Weak immune system
4. Headaches, brain fog, memory loss
5. Excessive fatigue; insomnia
6. Skin rashes and problems such as acne, eczema or rosacea
7. Cravings for sugar and carbs
8. Arthritis and/or joint pain
9. Depression, anxiety, ADD and ADHD
10. Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, celiac disease or Crohn’s
This condition needs to be approached from several different angles at once in order to return the body to full health, including: changes to the diet, the inclusion of supplements, reducing the stress factor and rooting out the underlying cause in the first place.
Whether it works to help fix the gut wall, improve sleep, recover from exercise or reduce cravings, it is a safe, cheap and readily available supplement to think about trying.
L-Glutamine is easy to take – it plays a crucial role in healthy digestion, brain function and has been well documented in studies to protect against mucosal deterioration in the gut. Glutamine is helpful in reducing the side effects of chemotherapy.
The worse your gut problem is, the more Glutamine will help to you.