- Preheat oven to 180°C, and grease a pie dish.
- Drain the pilchards, and then mash them with a fork.
- Chop the onion and fry lightly in the coconut oil.
- Add the onion to the fish and stir.
- Now add the coconut flour and the eggs and stir well.
- Lastly add the milk and seasoning.
- Pour all this into your pie dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- The pie firms up on standing, so leave it for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Add 250 ml of grated cheddar to the mixture.
- Add green pepper to the onion
- Add chopped fresh parsley to the mixture
TIP: Oily fish like pilchards are typically cold, deep-water fish, which means they will be rich in omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. These are anti-inflammatory and wonderful for mood and brain function.
*This recipe is taken from The Low-Carb Creed by Sally-Ann Creed, and published by Creed Nutrition