- Fry bacon until all the fat is rendered
- Remove the cooked bacon and place onto a plate
- Sauté the cabbage in the bacon fat until it is tender but not mushy – about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and the cream (reserve 10 ml for the eggs) and simmer till the mixture thickens
- Beat the egg yolks with the 10ml reserved cream
- Remove the dish from the heat, add the egg yolk mixture and bacon, stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and top with shavings of parmesan
TIP: Adding fattier bacon as opposed to lean is going to give you that magnificent fat from which lard comes. It’s going to help you absorb your fat-soluble nutrients, add more protein to a dish which doesn’t have that much protein, and of course impart a delicious taste.
*This recipe is taken from The Low-Carb Creed by Sally-Ann Creed, and published by Creed Nutrition