Which C is Better for Me?
Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, meaning your body can’t produce it. Yet, it has many roles and has been linked to impressive health benefits.
Scientifically proven benefits of Vitamin C consumption is that it is:
- A strong antioxidant that can boost your blood antioxidant levels. This may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases like heart disease.
- Found to lower blood pressure in both healthy adults and those with high blood pressure.
- Linked to a reduced risk of heart disease. These supplements may lower heart disease risk factors, including high blood levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Boosts immunity by helping white blood cells function more effectively, strengthening your skin’s defense system, and helping wounds heal faster.
- Low vitamin C levels have been linked to an increased risk of memory and thinking disorders like dementia, while a high intake of vitamin C from foods and supplements has been shown to have a protective effect.
What Is The Difference between our Vitamin C’s?
Scorbi-Cee is ascorbic acid, or plain vitamin C. This is an inexpensive and effective powder that can be added to water or drinks daily. A teaspoon a day for an adult offers excellent immune protection.
Super-Cee has a base of ascorbic acid but it is ‘chelated’ meaning that it is joined to a sodium (mineral) molecule (this is also called ‘buffering’). Making it easier to digest. A quarter-teaspoon of Super-Cee will effectively deliver all the benefits of Scorbi-Cee without causing digestion problems for those with a more sensitive and difficult digestive system.
Similarly, Ester-C is a better option and will not cause stomach irritation as it is ‘buffered’ in the same manner as Super-Cee. Vitamin C is attached to (and is “buffered” by) calcium instead of sodium. If you are watching your sodium intake and have a sensitive stomach, Ester-C would be preferable over Super-Cee.
However, there is no evidence of a significant difference in the absorption of any of these forms of vitamin C and all three products will ensure you reach optimum health.