Magnesium is one of the most under-rated minerals in terms of its importance in human nutrition. It is an essential nutrient and is required for the maintenance of some of the most basic functions of life. Crucial organs, such as the heart, brain, and kidneys are dependent upon it.
A lack of magnesium is associated with a variety of diseases affecting these organs, including:
- coronary artery disease
- hardening of the arteries
- high blood pressure
- heart arrhythmia
- kidney stones
- kidney infections
- depression and anxiety
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease.
And it’s used in over 600 biochemical functions in the body, including:
- Sugar and fat metabolism
- Neurotransmitter synthesis
- Digestive enzyme synthesis
- Digestion of starches and sugars
- Hormone and protein synthesis
- Muscle contraction
- Arterial wall contraction/relaxation
- Stomach acid production
- Bowel motility, regularity
- Cellular energy production
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.