How Glutamine Helps Weight Loss and why it’s ALSO important for overall health
As the most abundant amino acid in the body it is an energy substrate for most cells, but especially the intestinal epithelial cells and immune cells. Because it balances blood sugar, removes cravings and burns fat while building muscle, it’s the ideal weight loss aid. It is also an essential component for numerous metabolic functions.
Here is how Glutamine helps weight loss:
- It is usually depleted in those with Hashimoto’s
- Depleted in those with autoimmune disorders
- Greatly reduces autoimmune attacks
- Repairs damage to the gut and stomach
- Essential for a healthy gut lining
- Vital for immune function
- Very effective at healing leaky gut
- Good at resolving IBS issues
- Effectively treats diabetes, as it balances blood sugar levels
- Enhances nervous system function
- Repairs damaged tissue during radiation in cancer treatment
- Repairs damaged tissue and cartilage throughout the body
- Aids with athletic injury and muscle soreness
- Helps weight loss
- Bloating, gas, diarrhoea, constipation – great for them all
- Helps protect the body from food intolerance
- Acts as an overall anti-inflammatory
- Gives more mental clarity
- Retains muscle mass as it burns fat
- Supports glutathione synthesis
- Reduces/eliminates sweet and carb cravings
When under stress, or after an operation etc – the body is depleted and needs huge amounts of glutamine as it just cannot make enough. Use 1-3 teaspoons a day in a little water (it’s tasteless). If you are an athlete, you will benefit from more in a shake. It’s one of my most favourite supplements. If you want to try some – you’ll find it in my online store at https://sallyanncreed.co.za/product/l-glutamine-powder
This information is not meant to prevent, diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Nor does it take the place of professional medical advice. If professional assistance is needed, a qualified physician or licensed health care practitioner should be consulted.
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.