You might not have heard of biotin, but it’s an amazing B vitamin which can make an enormous difference if you are short of it.
Have a look at some deficiency symptoms, causes of deficiency, foods which help – and of course, you can order the fabulous Biotin-Bio online.
BIOTIN DEFICIENCY SYMPTOMS:
- hair loss (alopecia) – severe
- conjunctivitis – severe
- dermatitis – severe
- depression – mild
- lethargy – mild
- hallucination – mild
- numbness and tingling of the extremities – mild
- Increased susceptibility to bacterial and fungal infections
The neurological and psychological symptoms can occur with only mild deficiencies while dermatitis, conjunctivitis, and hair loss generally occur only when deficiency becomes more severe.
CAUSES OF BIOTIN DEFICIENCY:
- alcohol dependence
- recreational drug use
- gastrointestinal disease altering the biotin-producing gut microflora
- long term use of anti-epileptic medicine
- isotretinoin tablets like Accutane
- severe or chronic malnutrition (more common in 65+ age group)
- extreme athletes
- egg yolk
- pork liver
- oat flakes
- wheat germ and whole-grains
- nuts and legumes
- white mushrooms
- spinach and cauliflower
- cheese and cow’s milk
COULD YOU BE BIOTIN DEFICIENT?
Typical signs of biotin deficiency are:
- Progressive hair loss
- Loss of hair colour
- Scaly, dry skin
- Sores on the nose and in the mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Skin rashes
- Tingling and numbness in the hands and feet
- Muscle pain
- Heart irregularities
We have a great new product out – click here: Biotin-Bio.