I’ve just brought in a pile of the most marvellous organic and conventional (but ALL non-irradiated) herbs and spices. Why? Because I don’t trust those I buy off the shelf! Simple. They could be, stale, ‘cut’ with cornflour or wheat starch, heaven knows what else, and what kind of conditions are they dried in? So instead I get imported ones that I fully trust and know the history of. Never underestimate the huge health benefits of herbs and spices – use lots in your cooking!
I thought I’d share some of the special benefits of this spice with you too.
Anyway, I now have a fresh, full stash of the MOST fragrant, delicious herbs and spices and my kitchen smells like a chef’s dream. One spice I want to tell you about today is my new Organic Smoked Paprika! SO thrilled with this delicious new flavour, I use a lot of Paprika in cooking (well, to be honest, I use MASSES of herbs and spices in all my cooking), and thought I’d bring in this to try – I’m so glad I did. You can get my Paprika in conventional and Organic – plus now you can also get Organic Smoked Paprika – all at https://sallyanncreed.co.za/shop.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF PAPRIKA
- Helps in Healing Wounds
- Treats Skin Problems
- Supports Healthy Digestion
- Prevents Hair loss
- Paprika Helps Maintain Hair Colour
- Induces Sleep
- Decreases the Risk of Heart attack
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
Make it your aim daily to have as many healthful herbs and spices as you can. Food is transformed with the right herbs and spices.
Here’s a YUMMY recipe with smoked paprika potatoes:
– 1½ kg potatoes peeled and cut into halves or quarters
– 100ml olive oil
– 2 tsp smoked paprika
How to Make Them:
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of cold salted water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 mins until partly tender. Drain and steam dry for a few mins in a colander.
- Return the potatoes to the saucepan, and add the oil, paprika and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Cover with a lid, then shake the pan around to roughen the edges of the potatoes and thoroughly coat them in the paprika and oil.
- Tip the potatoes into a large roasting tin, making sure they are evenly spaced apart.
- Scrape in all the fluffy potato mess – these make the best crispy bits!
- Roast the potatoes for 1 hr 15 mins, turning halfway, until extremely fluffy and crispy.
I normally live low-carb 24/7 – but hey, we all have to live a little sometimes
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.