This post is long overdue … I know this because I get the same question asked of me every day.
With the new interest in collagen and the dramatic testimonies coming from even just a very short time of using my Pure Hydrolysed Collagen or Gelatine, I’ll tell you how to take it.
Collagen is the primary protein in connective tissue, skin and bones and my brand is collagen type 1 & 3 from beef – called Pure Hydrolysed Collagen on my website. Many collagens are from pork or fish (also type 1) but I have concerns around these two sources so have chosen to stick with grass-fed beef. Collagen type 1 & 3 is the form of collagen which is most abundant in your body, more than any other type – making up 35% of the entire body protein content. Type 1 & 3 also actually stimulates the production of type 2 so if you cannot afford our Super CollagenT2 from chicken – you are covered!
Shortage of collagen as you age will cause a number of possible problems, including
- ageing – causing sagging skin and wrinkles
- a lack of elasticity of the skin itself and stiffness
- thinning hair and/or hair loss and thinning of the thickness of each hair
- decreased joint mobility – pain and stiffness in joints and spine
- osteoporosis; bone pain
- paper-thin nails and many other conditions
- collagen usually starts to decline by age 25 – so it’s never too soon to start.
If you are strapped for cash (who isn’t today!?) you can use my excellent brand of gelatine. Which is very similar to collagen, but gels when you put hot water into it to dissolve it and then cool it (collagen cannot gel). You will get similar health results but I just don’t like the sliminess in coffee. You can however add it to food as it’s also relatively tasteless.
HOW TO TAKE:
- Dissolve a tablespoon or two of gelatine in hot water to dissolve it, and add to food or beverages.
- To take Pure Hydrolysed Collagen, you can take 1-2 scoops in coffee (as I do) or add it to any food or drink, hot or cold. It dissolves immediately and has no taste at all. Mix into yoghurt, coffee, soft drinks and any food – the temperature doesn’t matter at all – it won’t change the collagen.
You will find both my superb brands of COLLAGEN and GELATINE in my online store at https://sallyanncreed.co.za/shop
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.