After water, collagen is second most abundant ingredient in cartilage. It is the “glue” that holds the cartilage together, you can see why it helps arthritis and joints in general. Collagen is made up of mainly of the amino-acids glycine, proline, hydroxyproline and arginine, all of which help our body look younger, stay active and even help support the gut. It’s why your skin, hair, nails look good, and it gives bones strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells.
- If you are looking to build muscle, then my Pure Hydrolysed Bovine Collagen (Cow or Beef) contains mostly type 1 & type 3 Collagen rich in Glycine and Proline, which is helpful for creatine production to build muscle in the body.
- But if you are wanting to rebuild cartilage and joint health, then Super CollagenT2 from chicken sternums is what you need. (You can take both, but at different times). Super CollagenT2 is type 2 collagen, rich in Proteoglycans, including chondroitin sulfate, in addition to glucosamine sulfate. Proteoglycans are woven around and through the collagen fibers and form a dense netting inside the cartilage. They act like a thirsty sponge, attracting water and providing a cushion, or shock absorber, for the cartilage.
- I never recommend fish or marine collagen. This is due to the possibility of developing a fish allergy (happens a lot), but more than that – it is way too high in calcium. Which can block arteries in the heart and brain. Too much calcium is not a good thing.
Collagen for gut health
- Regulates stomach acid secretion, prevents heartburn, stomach ulcers and other digestive conditions by balancing stomach acid – NOT removing it
- Heals the stomach lining and can be used therapeutically for supporting and healing Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Supports digestion by holding water in the intestine, helping move food through the GI tract more smoothly
- A powerful component in healing the intestinal wall
- Contains glutamine which is a key amino acid that prevents inflammation of the gut wall
Why would you not take it? Find these superior top-end collagens here (all grass-fed, non-GMO) https://sallyanncreed.co.za/shop
If you have osteoporosis, or you wish to avoid it, here (in a nutshell) is my ‘recipe’ and one which I have seen thousands of people get good results from:
- SUPER COLLAGENT2: a special type 2 collagen which is uniquely directed at bone and cartilage, to improve bone density, avoid painful joins and build cartilage, while offering all the beauty & gut benefits as well. My Pure Hydrolysed Collagen is also excellent, but the Super CollagenT2 is a cut above when it comes to bones and joints.
- VITAMIN D3 PREMIUM: a good dose of top quality Vitamin D3, one a day
- VITAMIN K2 PREMIUM: an excellent amount of Vitamin K2 which helps build bone
- MAGNESIUM CITRATE POWDER or CHELATED MAGNESIUM PREMIUM: both are instrumental in bone building
- ZINC PICOLINATE or OROTATE: also a key player in the equation
If you can do this and eat whole, real food, not rubbish, you should have an excellent result. All the above are available from https://sallyanncreed.co.za/shop
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.