Can your hair use a little help? Apart from the amazing difference collagen makes over time to the thickness and lustre of your hair from the inside out, here’s a way to give it that little extra boost. The shaft of your hair is porous, and will be able to absorb hydrolysed collagen, so give it a whirl, especially if you have colour-treated hair.
I read up about someone with frizzy, lifeless, dry, thin and fragile hair, and who tried this internally and externally with quite dramatic results, so I’m going to try it externally too now. We know it’s miraculous for hair, nails, skin, joints and dozens of other things taken internally, but a hair mask? Collagen strengthens the hair from the inside out as we know, but it also fortifies the entire shaft by forming a protective shield around each strand of hair, reducing breakage and protecting it from sun, heat and the environment when applied externally.
I’ll share the recipe with you here. Apply just once a month for nourished hair and scalp. Don’t do it more than once a month, as it’s all it needs, and apparently you can overdo it. Your hair will be soft and shiny though if you do this once a month.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tablespoons Sally-Ann Creed’s Organic Coconut Oil*
- 2 tablespoons Sally-Ann Creed’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 1 tablespoon Sally-Ann Creed’s Pure Hydrolysed Collagen*
*All available from my online store (all premium products)
Here’s what you do with it:
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Apply to your entire head of DRY hair, massaging into the scalp and applying it all the way down to the ends of the hair
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo and rinse well. Repeat shampoo, if necessary. (Not for Capetonians – we don’t have the water to spare! )
- Apply only once a month ONLY – and use my Pure Hydrolysed Collagen – don’t use any other kind of collagen, it may not work
- Please let me know your results!! You can get these products from my online store by clicking here.
Protein molecules are too large to be absorbed by the skin – but HYDROLYSED collagen (as in the brand you will find on my online store) are absorbed into the hair shaft beautifully.