What you do with this:
- Soak the whole almonds overnight in water with a teaspoon of Himalayan salt – cover well as they expand by about another third.
- Place these in the fridge or cover and leave on a surface for 8-12 hours.
- Now rinse them well to remove the salt.
- Into a blender or Nutribullet, place around 1 cup soaked almonds to 3 cups water (if you like it thinner, put more water in).
- Puree this until it’s a liquid and there are no more almond pieces
- Filter the almond milk through a nut bag to remove the pulp. You can use a piece of muslin cloth or voile, or even calico.
- If using a piece of material, place this material in a jug, or on top of a sieve over a bowl, pour in and squeeze out the delicious milk
- Put it into a jar/jug. It will keep in the fridge for about 4-5 days and can also be frozen.
- Use as you would for any milk