NEW COLLAGEN TYPE 2 (CHICKEN) for JOINTS
You might be wondering why I am telling you about this, but chicken collagen is very different to bovine collagen. You may already know the benefits of bovine collagen (if not, see further down in this post). My amazing imported chicken collagen is NOT from China but from France where the standards are very strict. I wanted the best and found it.
Chicken Collagen is type II collagen, whereas bovine is type I and III. They should not be mixed together as they will not be optimally absorbed, so they should be taken at different times of the day. The benefits of chicken collagen are as long as those for bovine – and some overlap, however if you have a joint problem, this would be a very good idea for you, and there are digestive benefits, immunity and skin benefits too. In fact it is the collagen of choice in medicines, usually for arthritic complaints as well as back and neck pain caused by surgery. All collagen is anti-inflammatory, but chicken collagen is especially good for fighting bone and joint-related pain due to the high levels of chondroitin and glucosamine present, which rebuild cartilage, and hyaluronic acid which draw water into the joints for lubrication.
The benefits of chicken collagen include:
- Relief from arthritis and degenerative joint disease (including osteo- and rheumatoid)
- Very high in hyaluronic acid – known for its powerful anti-ageing effects on skin and organs
- Retrains the immune system not attack its own tissues in bone-related auto-immune disease
- Powerful immune booster, and why mum gave you chicken broth for ‘flu
- Amazing benefits to the skin – it helps form elastin which prevents wrinkles and keeps skin smooth – with results in only 4 weeks
- Greatly improved digestive health – collagen supports the gut’s mucosal layer and heals the intestinal tract
- Helps heal leaky gut syndrome, or avoid it
- May reduce allergic symptoms
- Enhances athletic performance – excellent for athletes
- Chondroitin present blocks enzymes which break down cartilage and encourage rebuilding of cartilage
- Hyaluronic acid naturally found in joint fluid, lubricates joints
- High in glutamine, glycine, proline and arginine
- Glycine (among other things) helps build healthy DNA strands
- Glycine is one of 3 amino acids which form creatine – promotes healthy muscle growth
- Boosts energy production during workouts
- Proline builds proper muscle tissue, protects the heart and the digestive system from permeability (leaky gut)
- Many people add chicken feet to their food due to the rich collagen they contain
- Chinese medicine uses chicken collagen to strengthen kidneys, blood and digestion
- Inhibits cell inflammation and speeds relief from cold symptoms
Collagen begins to decline in our 20’s.
How to take it: mix the powder into smoothies, soups, baked goods and even coffee. Take it hot or cold. Best time to take it is just before bed on an empty stomach. While bovine collagen is tasteless, chicken collagen is not – it has a strong taste, not unpleasant but strong. Stir into water, and take your medicine like a man! Why do they say that I wonder? Men are notorious for not taking medicine well… Anyway, take it at night before bed for restful sleep and bovine collagen in the morning.