Chicken collagen (type 2) is very different to bovine collagen (type 1 & 3) – it is taken from the chicken sternum (breast) which is made up of pure collagen. No chickens are killed for collagen, just as no beef cattle are ever killed for their collagen – collagen is an industry which uses the vital parts of the animal which otherwise might be discarded, but which are very valuable. This special collagen is NOT from China but from Europe where the standards are very strict.
Chicken Collagen is type II collagen, whereas bovine is type I and III. They should not be mixed together as they will not be optimally absorbed, so they should be taken at different times of the day. The benefits of chicken collagen are as long as those for bovine – and some overlap, however if you have a joint problem, this would be a very good idea for you, and there are digestive benefits, immunity and skin benefits too. In fact it is the collagen of choice in medicines, usually for arthritic complaints as well as back and neck pain caused by surgery. All collagen is anti-inflammatory, but chicken collagen is especially good for fighting bone and joint-related pain due to the high levels of chondroitin and glucosamine present, which rebuild cartilage, and hyaluronic acid which draw water into the joints for lubrication.
The benefits of chicken collagen include:
- Relief from arthritis and degenerative joint disease (including osteo- and rheumatoid)
- Very high in hyaluronic acid – known for its powerful anti-ageing effects on skin and organs
- Retrains the immune system not attack its own tissues in bone-related auto-immune disease
- Powerful immune booster, and why mum gave you chicken broth for ‘flu
- Amazing benefits to the skin – it helps form elastin which prevents wrinkles and keeps skin smooth – with results in only 4 weeks
- Greatly improved digestive health – collagen supports the gut’s mucosal layer and heals the intestinal tract
- Helps heal leaky gut syndrome, or avoid it
- May reduce allergic symptoms
- Enhances athletic performance – excellent for athletes
- Chondroitin present blocks enzymes which break down cartilage and encourage rebuilding of cartilage
- Hyaluronic acid naturally found in joint fluid, lubricates joints
- High in glutamine, glycine, proline and arginine
- Glycine (among other things) helps build healthy DNA strands
- Glycine is one of 3 amino acids which form creatine – promotes healthy muscle growth
- Boosts energy production during workouts
- Proline builds proper muscle tissue, protects the heart and the digestive system from permeability (leaky gut)
- Many people add chicken feet to their food due to the rich collagen they contain
- Chinese medicine uses chicken collagen to strengthen kidneys, blood and digestion
- Inhibits cell inflammation and speeds relief from cold symptoms
How to take it: mix the powder into smoothies, soups, baked goods and even coffee. Take it hot or cold. Best time to take it is just before bed on an empty stomach. While bovine collagen is tasteless, chicken collagen is not quite as tasteless, it has a slightly stronger taste, not unpleasant though. Stir CollagenT2 into water and enjoy.
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.