In case you want a quick treat for the family and don’t feel like cooking, here’s a quick festive treat you can make:
What you need for the Energy Bites:
- ½ cup of pistachios (shelled)
- 10 x Sally-Ann Creed Chewy Pitted Dates
- ½ cup Sally-Ann Creed Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Sally-Ann Creed Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Sally-Ann Creed Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Sally-Ann Creed Himalayan Salt
What you do next:
- Place the shelled pistachios in a food processor or coffee grinder and grind until they are finely chopped and look like a rough pistachio “dust.”.
- Place them into a bowl and set aside.
- Next, put the chewy dates into the food processor until are roughly chopped or chop them finely yourself.
- Add in the almond flour, coconut oil, cocoa and salt – and process until nicely combined (you might need to stop it a couple times to scrape down the sides). It should look like wet sand when it’s done.
- Scoop out around a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into a ball, then roll each ball into the pistachios. So delumptuous.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer or fridge.
These treats are lovely with a cup of coffee, a treat for no reason ☺ – or as an energy boost. They are grain, gluten and dairy free, and fun for the kids to make too. Yes, there’s a bit of a natural sugar here, but it’s worlds better than the junk in the supermarket! If you don’t like pistachios – roll in shredded coconut, walnuts, pecans or nut of your choice.
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ in 2020.