Bone broth for immune support – So how does it really work?
Bone broth is a superfood that can strengthen your immune system. It really goes to show grandmas chicken soup to fight was spot on with scientific data now able to back it up!
Bone broth contains essential nutrients that help your immune system to function properly.
This nutritious and cost effective broth is made from boiling animal bones, adding vegetables and herbs then simply straining out the solids laving you with a broth abundantly rich in amino acid, vitamins, minerals and packed with anti oxidants.
The benefits of bone broth include boosting your immune system, reducing inflammation, improving gut health and maintaining balanced nutrition.
- To enhance the flavour of the bones you can roast them in the oven until lightly browned before adding them to the pot.
- Broth freezes incredibly for up to six months.
- It is fantastic to add to other soups or dishes and can simply be enjoy on its own.
Here are some suggestions:
- Beef bones – rosemary
- Chicken bones – ginger, turmeric
- Fish bones – parsley and thyme
- Pork bones – thyme
You can simply click on the name of each product mentioned above (in bold) and a hyperlink will take you directly to the product for an easy purchase.
Originally published on https://www.facebook.com/SallyAnnCreedSA/ on 1 February 2021.