Simple every day activities might cause a lot of pain for those with Ehlers-Danlos Syndroms (EDS). Many go undiagnosed and live in pain for years. It’s not that easy to explain or even diagnose, the medical establishment is still trying to nail it down – but essentially it’s a rare genetic condition which includes Hypermobile Spectrum Disorders (HSD), but they all have one thing in common: COLLAGEN. EDS is increasingly recognised as a condition which affects heart, skin, joints and blood vessels, with variations in each person.
The body’s collagen is supposed to help with our tendons, ligaments and joints being ‘stretchy’, but when they are too flexible, dislocation is a painful possibility. Often these incredibly flexible gymnasts have one of this group of conditions, and in later life it becomes very painful indeed. Migraines are also a symptom of EDS. My own mother was almost frighteningly flexible right throughout her life being able to do contortions with her body that would surprise a circus act, and she suffered from horrific migraines. I wonder to this day whether she had EDS. Luckily I don’t have it, but I know of many who do, so it’s not that rare anymore.
- Some of the symptoms you might experience if you have this condition include:
- Hyper-flexibility/hyper-mobility: easily dislocated joints such as elbows, knees, shoulders, ribs, fingers, and toes.
- Stretchy or loose skin.
- Prominent scars or stretch marks.
- Headaches/migraines and muscle tension.
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain often referred to as fibromyalgia.
- Gastro issues, such as hiatal hernia and reflux.
- Prone to frequent injuries or “clumsiness.”
- Fragile blood vessels that cause frequent bruising, varicose veins, or in very rare cases, aneurysms.
It can be a bit more complicated of course with more than 13 ‘sub-divisions’ of this condition, but I won’t go into those here.
COLLAGEN TO THE RESCUE:
literally, this is one of the most important ‘answers’ to this condition. Learning to get your posture right, addressing your health through diet and taking Pure Hydrolysed Collagen could be the game changer you have been looking for. The main takeaway here is this: healthy collagen in the body helps to keep joints in place and prevents dislocation and pain. The older you get the less collagen you have, so supplementing it is a no-brainer which may just relieve you of years of pain ahead.
You can buy the best collagen in the country, and the fastest growing brand (because it’s 100% pure, Grass-Fed, Non-GMO and glyphosate-free) here https://sallyanncreed.co.za/shop